International trips are filled with adventure. But unexpected medical and emergency events like a lost passport or family member falling ill can halt those plans and end up being more costly than the trip itself.
What makes UnitedHealthcare Global different?
- Planning an international trip can be complex. Getting international travel insurance coverage with SafeTrip is simple. Simply tailor your benefits. Select your coverage. Choose your deductible. Pack your bags and go. We’ve got them covered too.
- Medical costs outside of your home country can be expensive and may require up-front payment before service is administered. With SafeTrip travel insurance, medical bills for health and accident costs will be covered up to the maximum amount of coverage you select when purchasing your plan, less any selected deductible amount. We may issue a Guarantee of Payment or make a wire transfer to the facility at the time of service to ensure there is no delay in care.
- In a travel medical emergency, you may not know which hospital is best, where to go to see English-speaking doctors, or how to find local specialists. We do. With a global network of 1 million physicians, clinics, hospitals and other specialist medical facilities we can help you find the care you need, wherever you need it.
- From basic to critical services, our experienced case managers and clinical team watch over you and your loved ones. And with an average response time of just seven seconds, Travel Medical Assistance connects you to immediate support from a team of medical specialists, working around the clock, in more than 100 languages, dedicated to your wellbeing and safety
- Trip cancelled? SafeTrip trip cancellation coverage removes the worry of costs spiraling out of control, should the unexpected happen and require you to alter or cancel a trip by enabling you to claim non-refundable expenses.
Products and Services
Whether you’re vacationing in Mexico, studying abroad in Egypt or traveling to Paris on business, SafeTrip offers you the protection you need, for the trip you want.